Scamp's Crest

Scamp's Crest
The Official Crest of Scamptopia

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes! Turn and face the strange!

Well, my creatures of the night, there a few major changes coming up in the world of Scampopolis.  Change is not a bad thing.  Without change, the world would become stagnant and die.  Though, just because change isn't bad doesn't mean it is always easy.  For Scamp, large and notable changes are afoot.  Speaking of foot, I should be able to start putting pressure on my bad ankle again on the 5th of January.  That means I can begin my slow, (most likely) painful ascent into recovery.  I've been having a few good days (as long as I try to keep it elevated and don't hit it on anything), but the pain outweighs the recovery.  In the realm of lack-of-change, the feeling still has not returned to my small toe area of the aforementioned foot, nor has it returned to my upper left leg.  This makes me nervous.

A rather substantial change will be my change of location.  I have been living with a couple in Schenectady, New York, for about 9 months now.  They moved me across the country and took me in as their pup, but that did not work out.  In the beginning of February, I will be moving to stay with some very close friends (more like family) near Memphis, Tennessee.  I think the change of scenery will do me good, but this is a rather large change to be undergoing so soon after a major surgery.  I hope that I will be mentally, emotionally, and physically strong enough to handle it.

A friend from where I was previously living in Tennessee offered to let me stay with her.  I don't think that would be the best idea, as I will be largely immobile still.  I don't want to hinder our friendship by becoming a burden on her.

Another large change for Scamp is that I have been exploring my Alpha side!  Yes!  Unbelievable as it may seem, I am fleshing out my Alpha side.  Cute, cuddly, innocent, (mostly) submissive Scamp has his very own pup!  His name is Trusty (picked out by me, no less).  You will receive bonus points if you can leave a comment telling me how the names Scamp and Trusty are related.  He has decided his breed is King Charles Spaniel.  My absolute favorite breed of dog ever is the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  He had no idea of this when he made his decision.  Trusty is a handful, and he keeps me on my toes.  That is what I get for getting a pup that is as smart as (if not smarter than) me!  Now I see why all the Owners I know say that I am a handful.  He has the sexiest profession I can think of (librarian), he has the most ADORABLE accent (British), and he is ALL MINE!  The icing on the cake?  He is visiting me in January!  *does the excited Snoopy dance*

Well, I wanted to let my devoted followers know what was going on with the Scampinator, and I have done just that.  For now, I will leave you all with these words of wisdom.

"If you can't eat it, play with it, or fuck it, then you should piss on it and walk away." - The Philosophy of Dog

TTFN, ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've been wondering where you were and if you were ok. Sounds like things are exciting ... hopefully really positive things afoot ... erm, a-ankle? I know ... Groan!

    Hugs bud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Don't be offended by this, but who are you and where do I know you from?

    ReplyDelete