Scamp's Crest

Scamp's Crest
The Official Crest of Scamptopia

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pup on a Train! Addendum!

Well, I had the 30 minute layover in New York City.  I've never been to New York City.  Of course this meant I had to leave the station and explore, even if only a little bit.  It was a bit of a trek, as Pennsylvania Station is freaking HUGE!  But I made it outside into the cold, crisp air.  I walked a bit until I was directly in front of Madison Square Gardens and lit a cigarette.  I was enjoying myself, so I wanted to call one of my friends and tell them.  She put me on speaker phone, and I got to say hi to everybody and tell them about my adventure.

An awesome tranny walked up to me asking if she could buy a cigarette.  She gave me a dollar in quarters and proceeded to make me laugh for like 5 minutes.  Then, 6 different scalpers tried to sell me Knicks tickets.  I tried to explain to them that I was broke and about to get on a train, but that didn't seem to help.

"Come on, man, you know they ain't gettin' any cheaper inside!  I gotta feed my family, dude!"

"I get that, but I have like a dollar in quarters that a tranny just paid me for a cigarette."

"Oh, a'ight.  Can I buy a smoke off you?"

Once that was all said and done, I trekked back into the train station just as they announced which track my train was boarding at.  I know it was only a half hour in New York City, but the 10 minutes I spent on the NYC streets was one of the most interesting 10 minutes I've had in a while.

Now I am back on the train.  For bonus points, it's a refurbished business class car.  Free upgrade!  No complimentary snacks or beverages though.  This has certainly been an experience, and I'm not even in Philly yet!  What adventures await me now?

TTFN, ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. So you were broadcasting from Philly last night then. Cool! I shoulda tossed you a whole box of "martini bones" to help you celebrate. Have fun bud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Jersey, actually. My train came in at Philly. But yes. This is the first outside human contact I've had in a while. I needed this.

      Delete