Scamp's Crest

Scamp's Crest
The Official Crest of Scamptopia

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Walking Near Memphis

Hello again, my intrepid readers!  You may be asking yourself, “Wow, two posts in two days?!?!  It must be a special occasion!”  Well, it is.  After I got off the train in Schenectady, I went back to the house I was staying at and packed up what was remaining of my things.  I got about 4 hours of sleep, then got into the car with my ex Owner to begin our adventure!  This adventure is a more permanent one, however, as I have just gotten out of the car back in Tennessee.  I’m not in the part of Tennessee I was in before I went to New York, but I’m not too far away, either.  I have moved in with two very special people to me.  I would say friends, but they are more like family.  I can tell they are like family because they are willing to put up with me.

The car ride was rather uneventful, to say the least.  We took 81 South to Knoxville, then 40 West all the way to Brownsville.  Because of Mama Ace giving me a few of my new found love (melatonin), I slept through most of the trip.  I happened to wake up a few times (usually as we were stopping for fuel or a break or food), which worked out rather well for me.  I got a few cigarette breaks (when we stopped), and that kept ALL of us happy.  The most interesting part of the trip was the interchange coming through Nashville when we had to follow 40 West.  My ex Owner was worried about the interchange and traffic, but I helped him avoid 440, and we had no problem whatsoever.  After that, it was smooth sailing.  We brought some prepackaged foods and drinks with us, and I snacked on the crackers, pepperoni, beef jerky, and Fritos.  That combination made me VERY happy for the bathroom breaks.  The parts of the trip I was awake for were uneventful, but apparently we also almost got hit by a semi…

It’s an odd feeling, knowing that you will most likely never see someone again after spending nearly a year with them.  I think that splitting now was the best thing for all of us.  Maybe we’ll stay in touch.  Maybe not.  I learned a good deal in my time there; about myself, the world, and even more topics.  I keep adding to my repertoire, increasing the frequency with which I find myself saying I’m a “Jack of all trades, Master of none”.  Eventually, I will achieve my goal of becoming a modern day MacGuyver (Richard Dean Anderson is YUMMY).  I already carry around the bag full of random crap, just in case.

I am still riding the wave of positive emotion left over from my trip to New Jersey.  It’s good to feel like myself again.  Now, being back in TN with my friends, and even more of my friends not far away, I’m really getting a sense of self again.  I’ll miss the friends I made in New York.  But, as a wise man once said, “Ch-ch-ch-changes, turn and face the strange.”  My life keeps changing and moving forward.  I can only hope that it’s for the better.

TTFN, ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment